The syllabus and pattern of DBT-JRF has been changed from the year 2015, here’s a brief look:
Pattern of the exam: Question paper will have two parts,
Part-A: Aptitude & General Biotechnology, it consists of 75 MCQ (25+50) and all questions are compulsory.
Part-B: General plus specialized branches in Biotechnology. The part B consists of 200 MCQ, out of which only 50 questions need to be answered.
Syllabus of exam:
Aptitude: Numerical and quantitative ability, non-verbal reasoning, questions based on comprehension.
1. Biomolecular structure and function
2. Methods in Biotechnology
3. Organization of structure and functions of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
4. Cellular processes (it includes cell biology, molecular biology, immunology)
5. Recombinant DNA Technology
6. Genetics, Phylogeny & Evolution
7. Genomics and Proteomics
8. IPR, Biosafety & Bioethics
1. Agricultural and plant Biotechnology:
2. Animal Biotechnology:
3. Bioprocess and Biochemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology
4. Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
5. Environmental Biotechnology
6. Marine Biotechnology
7. Medical Biotechnology
8. Molecular and Human Genetics
10. Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
For detailed syllabus please visit the site: http://www.nccs.res.in/dbtjrf.html#OPENINGS